Saturday, April 11, 2009

Slackware - simplicity is fun

Well as far my exposure to various Linux distros is concerned, Slackware resonated with my frequency. I felt intimidate connection between me a the philosophy of Slackware. 
“ Slack, which generally stands for the sense of freedom, independence, and original thinking that comes when you achieve your personal goals ”.
So the meaning Slackware is obvious , till now revealed that its no easy for a newbie. Though my intention of using is to learn Linux from its raw form.It does provide an environment for learning Linux. Learning Linux means not the kernel alone but the utilities as well.  

Choose Slackware
  •  to learn Linux from scratch.
  •  to tweak each and every settings.
  •  to be a fan of simplicity.
  •  if you have killer instinct to solve issues.
Slackware isn't a difficult to conquer once you have understood the UNIX philosophy. It is the best one I have come across for the purpose of learning Linux .Of course it is still powerful for other purposes. 

For support /join IRC freenode ##slackware channel. 
  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Translate